installing fedora

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Nov 11 19:51:53 EST 2009

Someone wrote me off list about problems they were having using telnet
to install Fedora. I'm sorry. I accidentally deleted the message before
I could answer it.

Here goes the answer ...

The exact syntax you provided wasn't correct. Maybe it was only a top of
the head typing error, but I can't tell about that. I only know it's
incorrect.

Also, try spcifying the mac address of your ethernet device. It's a much
more certain approach.

Ping the machine you are accessing before you try a telnet connection.
If ping doesn't answer, something is wrong. Could be anything--you're on
the wrong subnet, you supplied a wrong gateway--any number of possible
answers.

All I can say is that telnet installs work if you set them up properly.
I've done many.

Full instructions available at:

http://SpeakupModified.Org/telnet_installation.html

Janina