accessing .docx documents

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri May 29 06:59:48 EDT 2009

Chris Brannon  <speakup at braille.uwo.ca> wrote:

>There is a tool called unoconv.  It will handle any file format that
>OpenOffice can open or produce.  I think .docx is in the list of supported
>formats.  It should be possible to convert these to plain text or html.

There is even a Debian package for it. I haven't installed or tested it,
however.

Package: unoconv
New: yes
State: not installed
Version: 0.3-5
 This package provides a commandline utility which can convert from any document
 format that OpenOffice can import to any document format it can export. It uses
 OpenOffice's UNO bindings for non-interactive conversion of documents.

 Supported document formats include Open Document format, MS Word, MS Office
 Open/MS OOXML, PDF, HTML, XHTML, RTF, Docbook, and more.
Homepage: http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/unoconv/