booting from CD, shortcuts anyone?

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Thu Mar 19 15:35:43 EDT 2009

Check out sbm, smart boot manager, it should do what you want,
assuming you can hook up a usb floppy drive to the machine, and boot
from it.
I don't see mention of a home page in the package description, but
apt-get install sbm should drag it in for you on a debian system. It
does say in the package description that it can boot from multiple
kinds of media, so maybe you can use a thumb drive, I've only tried it
from a floppy though.

As for the laptop you're describing, I'd guess it's probably the
smalltalk ultra, and they come with xp home installed as far as I
know. Hth.

Greg