booting from CD, shortcuts anyone?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sat Mar 21 07:48:19 EDT 2009

What about grub4dos?  I haven't used it, but presumably it runs under
DOS.  Also, you can install grub to a boot floppy and you could try to
boot a CD via the floppy with grub.  Finally, I don't know how
accessible it is and there might be cost involved, but you could look at
http://www.bootitng.com/ which is also a boot loader.  This is all
assuming that you can somehow access DOS or a command prompt in Windows,
or somehow you can at least boot a live CD once to make the boot floppy.