booting from CD, shortcuts anyone?

Tyler Littlefield tyler at tysdomain.com
Thu Mar 19 15:13:57 EDT 2009

USB tricks would be cool, if someone wouldn't mind throwing them in.
I have a laptop that isn't exactly screenless, but the screen dangles by a
couple wires. I've left it on so the keyboard doesn't fall off.
IN short, it's a great laptop (processor, ram, hd), but it would be better
with linux. :)
I'd like to get software speech with speakup on it, so I can play around and
learn the system beyond what I can do with ssh.
I'd really like to make linux my stable platform that I do all, if not most
of my work on.

Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
Web: tysdomain.com
email: tyler at tysdomain.com
My programs don't have bugs, they're called randomly added features.