booting from CD, shortcuts anyone?

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Thu Mar 19 15:03:21 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm hoping somebody might know some real cool tricks for booting a
laptop from a CD when the BIOS is not set properly.

I have a screenless laptop from GW-Micro with Windows installed on it,
and want to replace the OS with Linux. It's not convenient to get
sighted help here to reset the BIOS to allow the CD to take access over
the HD, and I bet I am not the first blind guy to have to face this
problem. I don't know the Windows version, and don't know which keys
might interrupt the boot sequence. Any magic tricks someone might share
would be greatly appreciated.  Otherwise I guess I'll just have to wait
for the cavalry.

Thanks,
Chuck

                  My web site: www.hallenbeck.ftml.net
                      See also: www.wedit2.ml1.net
                                --------
Please help keep the world clean: others may wish to use it.