looking for: ssh hosting

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Mar 10 12:14:39 EDT 2009

I used to use Ultra Host and they say "unlimitted" space and I think
bandwidth, things are monitored in that You can't store personal files
without links to them I think overages are managed on a common sense
bases; that is, if it doesn't happen often or not out of extreme, a
head is turned away.

My biggest complaint with them and this happened twice is major
outages can happen.  Back in 2005 or so, they were down for nearly a
day and last December, they went down for nearly 36 hours! When that
happened, I switched over to godaddy.  The control panels are funky
and from an accessibility standpoint, wish they could be vastly
improved.  But ssh is available and you can use ftp to upload your
site contents.  I paid $70 for a year of service and I'm thinking
about moving my domain registration over there too because I can cut
my annual $15.00 fee in half.  I forget the specs for bandwidth and
space but they are quite high though.  I'm definitely not in any
danger of exceeding any limits right now.