looking for: ssh hosting

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Tue Mar 10 11:33:15 EDT 2009

Dreamhost does offer ssh access but they might not offer a full line of  software such
as compilers and other dev tools.  My experience with web hosts (I haven't used
dreamhost though) is that even though they offer ssh, it's usually only good for file
management.
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 02:20:40AM -0800, Tony Baechler wrote:
> Refering to dreamhost, hat's very interesting because their site says
> that they have unlimited disk space and bandwidth and do allow ssh
> connections.  I was seriously considering going with them for those
> reasons.  Right now I have unlimited disk and bandwidth but no ssh.
> They also offer VPS.  Another VPS that has been recommended is
> http://ultrahost.us/  I would like to know why you're saying that
> dreamhost doesn't offer ssh when their site says they do.  I believe
> you, I haven't used them before so I don't know.
>
> Tyler Littlefield wrote:
> >hello,
> >I'll check freeshell.
> >Just for the record, dreamhost offers lots of good services, but they
> >don't allow you to open ports until you pay for their dedicated
> >servers, which are not really worth paying for.
> >I have an account for my website, they tend to monitor storage, too.

Linux: the operating system with a CLUE... Command Line User Environment.
	-- seen in a posting in comp.software.testing