Unix

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 23:58:27 EDT 2009

You do want to comment out the emacspeak server line. An emacspeak
server is a program interface to a speech synthesizer that allows it to
work with a different system called Emacspeak, which is basically a text
editor, screen reader and desktop environment all in one program. YASR
can use these program interfaces, but since there is a doubletalk
driver, you don't need them, so they can be commented out.

As for your port issue, you will need a serial port to connect to your
synthesizer. If you have a USB to serial adapter, you should be able to
use that with no trouble. You will need to find the device file for that
port, however, and uncomment it if it's in the yasr.conf file or write a
new line that looks like the port lines and specify the port there.
Unfortunately, I am unable to tell you how the port will be listed,
since I run Linux and have never used a USB to serial adapter, but I
hope I have helped at least a little.

Kyle

--
  Jesus you're my life.