Debian unstable or testing? (and an OT)

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Wed Jul 15 19:03:49 EDT 2009

	Hello all,

	Should I be running Debian unstable/squeeze, or testing in order
to get the latest SpeakUP upgrades?  Also have another OT question for
folks out there.  I recently bought an HP Scanjet 5300C scanner, having
been told on the website that it was a "Good" choice, but after
extensive messing with it and consulting around, I find it doesn't work
as said.  What I'm really having a problem with is finding a *new* SANE
compliant scanner, and not something used and no longer being
manufactured.  Anyone know a good quality scanner, built to last, that's
only recently been released on the market?  The sane website has been no
help at all in that respect, and I can't afford to toss away what money
I have.  TIA,

			Michael

--
Linux User: 	177869                                     Powered by Intel