configuring asterisk:cheap phone?

Tyler Littlefield tyler at tysdomain.com
Thu Jul 16 14:46:36 EDT 2009

hello list,
I'm trying to figure out how I might be able to configure asterisk so that it works as a calling card.
I'm not sure how much it would cost to do this, but here's my idea:
I need to be able to use a cell for a week or so when I go up to Maryland for a camp. I was thinking of going with a quick prepaid phone, but I'm not quite sure. I might be able to borrow my grandma's phone, and I was thinking that I could just purchase a cheap 1800 number and do what I'm trying to set up.
Basically I'd call this number, put in my password and be able to dial out using asterisk and my voip.
I don't have a lot of cash to throw around on this, so your ideas here for a cheap inexpensive way to do this would be awesome.