Speakup Not Detecting Dectalk

Trevor Astrope astrope at tabbweb.com
Wed Dec 16 13:17:39 EST 2009

Hello,

I have speakup 3.1.3 from git as of about a week ago compiled as modules,
but when I type: `modprobe speakup_dectlk start=1', it says no device
found.
If I use minicom and set the port to 9600,n,8,1 and type `[:ver speak]',
the dectalk speaks the firmware version.

My serial card is a pci express 16950/954 uart. I'm not sure if this makes
any difference. I tried setting the uart to 6550A, but I still get no
device found from the speakup_dectlk module.

Can anyone help me to get speakup to detect the dectalk?

Thanks,

Trevor