parameters out of range with speakupconf

Zachary Kline kline.zachary at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 14:54:19 EST 2009

Hi all,
I'm using the latest versions of speakup and related packages available
in the ArchLinux community repository.  For the most part, I'm very
happy with the performance I've been seeing.
Recently, I decided to use speakupconf to correct the character
pronounciation of z, as well as set my prefered rate and pitch.
The following has appeared in my dmesg.
value for delay_time out of range, expect 100 to 2000
value for full_time out of range, expect 200 to 60000
value for jiffy_delta out of range, expect 20 to 200
value for trigger_time out of range, expect 10 to 2000
I was wondering what reasonable values for these parameters are?  I'm
using the software synthesizer with espeakup.  I notice that now when
the text moves to a new line, there is no delay between  the end of the
first line and the beginning of the second.  When speakupconf wasn't
being used, this delay was heard.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Best and thanks,
Zack.

--
The problem with most conspiracy theories is that they seem to believe that
for a group of people to behave in a way detrimental to the common good