When I get my USB to serial adaptor

james collins james.collins75 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 20:37:33 EDT 2009

I am ordering a 2.0 USB to serial adaptor. I believe it will come with
a cd with a driver on it. I am wondering if I will be able to use my
doubletalk synthesizer when I get the adaptor? I am currently planning
on using yasr, but when I tried to use yasr with my current USB to
serial adaptor, which I have no driver for yasr didn't work right.
Sometimes when I ran it I couldn't type at my command line other times
I would give my computer the ls command at the yasr prompt and yasr
would give half of a directory and then get hung up. One funny thing
is that yasr worked really well with freetts (a software based
synthesizer I had downloaded). Just wondering if my yasr problems will
be fixed when I get my USB to serial adaptor?

Sent from my iPhone