Location of synthesizer

james collins james.collins75 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 13:46:26 EDT 2009

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 13, 2009, at 12:10 PM, Cheryl Homiak <chomiak at charter.net> wrote:

> Your information in System Profiler should have included specific
> information about that cable's manufacturer etc.

The manufacturer of the cable is a company called dynex
> Just how old a Mac are you using for it to have only a 1.0 usb port?

I bought my computer in like January of 2008, it has an 2.4 Ghz intel
core 2 duo processor. I went into best buy and bought what I thought I
needed a USB to serial adaptor. I later found out when I called the
company that the cable I bought has an older USB style plug. I was
told that the older plug would work on my mac. My mac has two USB
outlets. I don't really know if the ports on my mac can accept either
variety of plug? I did order a 2.0 USB to serial adaptor and I'm
waiting to get it.
> And is this a powerpc machine or an Intel machine? Can you at least
> tell me what brand and model usb cable this is? Given you are just
> doin this for your entertainment, I really don't have time to deal
> with this unless you can give organized information.

I was afraid that if I told people that I have sight, that they
wouldn't help me.
I have always wanted to get my computer to talk and to mess around
with the synthesizer I bought.
The model number of the USB cable is:
Dx-ubdb9
> I do know that all the powerpc machines did need drivers for their
> usb cables; I think that's till true of intels but am not absolutely
> going to be dogmaticabout that. The driver for your doubletalk
> should be provided by the program you run to use your synthesizer.
> Since the geek squad is not likely to have much information about
> running a doubletalk or other such specialized equipment, it's not
> likely that they know much about the programs you would use to run
> your synthesizer that would provide a driver.
That is what I told the geek squad agent that the driver for the
doubletalk would be included with the screen reader, is that right?
> I'm sorry, but I'm not posting about this again un less you give me
> specific information bout your Mac and specific information about
> your usb cable.

I just wanted to thank you for your help. And sorry that I didn't
provide certain info. Btw I posted to a mac programming website and
someone responded:

Guiyon
macrumors 6502

Location: North Shore, MA
10-to-1 it's based off either the FT232R or PL-2303 series chips.
Neither of these are supported out of the box by MacOS X. There are
mac drivers available, however. You can find them on the FTDI or
Prolific websites (respectively).
Make life easier if you have a programming question!
http://www.sscce.org/