Location of synthesizer

james collins james.collins75 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 11:29:08 EDT 2009

In system profiler, with my USB to serial adaptor cable plugged in,
under USB Bus it says

USB-Serial Controller

And on the bottom it says under USB Bus:

Host Controller Location:
Built in USB
Host Controller Driver:
AppleUSBUHCI

I have vision, but I like fooling around with my synthesizer. I just
got off the phone with a best buy geek squad agent. He told me that I
don't need a driver for the USB to serial adaptor but that I need a
driver for my doubletalk speech synthesizer. Another thing he said was
about the USB plug, I have the older style plug 1.0 I think, he talked
about audio and video. I was told the older style USB cable will work
but it would be slower. The geek squad agent said they would be the
same speed, so I am wondering if I can use the older style USB to
connect my synthesizer?

Sent from my iPhone