Location of synthesizer

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Thu Aug 13 10:33:15 EDT 2009

I'm actually not even sure your echo command will work in the same way
to test this. I don't have a permissions problem showing as in
"permission denied" but echoing to /dev/cu.usbserial (the device for
my prolific cable) does not produce any audio feedback even though it
is working fine. If you will please look in the information in System
Profiler and give me the manufacturer information you see there I will
try to look it up for you but you probably do need a driver and it's
almost certain that /dev/ttyUSB0 will not work for you.
I relly don't think I can help you any further until you provide this
information from System Profiler. Btw how are you reading this
information witout voiceover? Do you have vision o what program ae you
using to read information on the Mac?

--

Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,