mono-vbnc and speakup

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Wed Apr 15 05:31:44 EDT 2009

When I had sid working I was doing some programming with mono-vbnc and
found out something that likely will be useful for others if they take
this path.  On http://www.java2s.com in the vb.net tutorial, avoid all
g.u.i. stuff since when you put it in a console-based program to run with
vbnc, it's going to throw an exception and not return any useful
information.  Stick to Console.WriteLine and Console.Read and
Console.ReadLine for input/output and all will work fine so long as you
remember to use a Try exception catching loop around any of those read
functions.