Which hardware synthesizer to buy?

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Fri Apr 10 17:25:52 EDT 2009

	So, which synthesizer works with speakup these days.  It sounds
like my LiteTalk serial and Mike's Apollo are no longer viable, and the
DecTalk still requires special software to work.  Which model out there
still works without a hitch, or which synthesizer is Kirk using?  I
figure if something crops up with Kirk's synthesizer, I figure it'll be
the first one to get the "Oops!  Better not do that," treatment.  Anyone
know which squeaky wheels are getting the grease, or is speakup
gradually losing it's "from power-up to shutdown" capability with the
software synth?  I have enough set aside to get another synthesizer, and
would rather drop the LiteTalk.  Maybe then I can work with the newer
kernels.  How about it, Kirk?  Which hardware synthesizer do you use?

			Michael