debian accessible installation

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Fri Sep 19 21:02:55 EDT 2008

Kitty Litter, le Fri 19 Sep 2008 19:41:10 -0400, a écrit :
> Well, all I can say is trying install time after time after time it would
> not speak with the audapter. But installgui did. And although it didn't
> speak absolutely everything it prompted me for language, and timezone blah
> blah blah.

Uh??  What was speaking?  The audapter, or your sound card through some
speech synthesis?

> The partitioner was very easy to use and it spoke everything. So
> what does the statement in f8.txt mean when it says (graphical install
> only) for speakup?

??!!?? In f8.txt, I can only read
Use Speakup                             speakup.synth=driver

and nothing about the graphical install.

In a word: I'm lost in what you are saying, that doesn't match what I'm
reading at all.  Could you please explain exactly what you have done?
(which CD image you booted, what you typed, what produced speech, etc.)

> I would like to know why it didn't work but I'm not going to try the
> installer any more to find out.

The problem is that if everybody acts like that, the problem just
_won't_ be fixed...

Samuel