more stuff about installing from memory stick

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Nov 16 05:21:54 EST 2008

Terry D. Cudney, le Sat 15 Nov 2008 22:41:49 -0500, a écrit :
> The documentation is not very clear on this point, at least to my way of thinking.

The documentation for etch is not so clear indeed.  I had a look at
the documentation for lenny, and it clearly tells to get the images from
hd-media, so that should be better then.

> 	Any idea on why I got the grub2 error on initial boot after the install?

Without knowing which error happens, there can be plenty of reasons.

My only idea could be to boot with the USB stick still pluggued (but
with its booting disabled from the bios)

Samuel