more stuff about installing from memory stick

Terry D. Cudney terry.cudney at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 22:41:49 EST 2008

Hi Samuel,

	It's been a couple of weeks since I looked at this before, so I'm not sure what I did last time. One thing for sure is that I used the net-inst.iso of today (Nov 15).

	I think I may have used the vmlinuz and initrd.gz from other than the "other images (netboot, USB stick, etc)". The documentation is not very clear on this point, at least to my way of thinking.  As Randy (Kittylitter) was suggesting to use the vmlinuz and initrd.gz from the loop-mounted iso itself, it wasn't clear to him either that you have to use the vmlinuz/initrd from the usb branch. Or, am I wrong on this point? Do we in fact, need to use the linux/initrd.gz from: "\other images (netboot, USB stick, etc)"? The files there are from October 29/08, while other branches, CD/DVD/etc are up to the current date, AFAIK.

	Any idea on why I got the grub2 error on initial boot after the install? I haven't been able to get back to that, to see if I can recover the system... tomorrow, I hope.

	--terry