git?

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sat May 3 00:45:03 EDT 2008

I'm not sure why searching speech.braille.uwo.ca via google gives you
no results. If it helps, here is a link to the page with the search
results:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=site%3Aspeech.braille.uwo.ca+git&btnG=Google+Search

As for when I started using git, I first tried it out sometime around
the time Kirk posted instructions on how to do it. That post is dated
September 5th, 2007. All you need to do is install the git-core
package, assuming you're using debian, which it sounds like you've
already done. I don't know what that package would be called in other
distros. Once you've got git installed, just do:

git-clone http://linux-speakup.org/speakup.git

If that doesn't work for you, then Chris recently posted that he's
created a mirror of the speakup git tree at:

http://members.cox.net/cmbrannon/speakup.git

I haven't tried this mirror myself though. What that command will do
is to create a speakup directory under your current working
directory. I'd recommend reading the docs in the speakup docs
directory. They will describe the changes somewhat, and explain how to
patch the kernel. Hth.

Greg