git?

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Fri May 2 20:41:00 EDT 2008

Google in combination with the list archives is probably your best
friend here. Googling "site:speech.braille.uwo.ca git" should get you
started. Browsing through the threads for April 2008 should answer
most, if not all of your other questions.

One thing that isn't immediately obvious is that yes, git replaces
cvs, and I gather from Kirk's previous posts, and from the fact that
there haven't been updates to the cvs tree for a good while now, that
cvs is being abandond in favor of git.

Finally, if you want to know what git is, it looks like

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git_%28software%29

does a good job of answering that, though I haven't browsed the entire
article, so maybe the first paragraph or so makes it look better than
it is. Hth.

Greg