git?

chomiak7737 at att.net chomiak7737 at att.net
Fri May 2 20:07:03 EDT 2008

Although I'm primarily using brltty in my linux installation on a ppc mac
mini, I am trying to experiment with trying to get speakup and softsynth
running. Although I have done some googling and looking at the speakup
website, I'm having some problems finding information on the things that
have changed in speakup since I last used it regularly. I'm not asking
somebody to post a full explanation but would appreciate it if somebody
could steer me to the appropriate information.

First of all, I keep hearing about git. What is git? Does it replace the
cvs patches and should I be using this with my 2.6.24 kernel? If so, where
can I learn about this and find out how to use git? I'm afraid I just
don't git it--*grin*!!!

second, where can I find current instructions on using softsynth? I do
have both festival and flite on my system and might even be able to dig up
my old copy of dectalk though I'm not sure about that. But I keep hearing
little comments that lead me to believe something may have changed in the
up-to-date on these changes?

Tia.

--

Cheryl