Messages about internet connection cluttering console

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Fri May 2 20:29:34 EDT 2008

In applications like mutt, emacs, or lynx to name a few, you can use
ctrl+l to redraw the screen.

As for getting rid of the messages altogether, at the end of my
/etc/syslog.conf, I have lines that read:

daemon.*;mail.*;\
        news.err;\
        *.=debug;*.=info;\
        *.=notice;*.=warn       |/dev/xconsole

I think if you have the same lines, and comment them out, that should
stop syslogd messages from showing up in the consoles. Please correct
me someone if I'm wrong. Of course, remember to restart syslogd after
you've edited /etc/syslog.conf.

Greg