Messages about internet connection cluttering console

chomiak7737 at att.net chomiak7737 at att.net
Fri May 2 19:42:16 EDT 2008

I apologize for posting this question from a year or more ago. I think
somebody on this list helped me with this before but may have posted just
to me and not to the list; I found the thread in the archives but the
answer wasn't there.

I had posted about having messages about my internet link becoming ready
show up in the console, sometimes in the middle of a file I was editing
in
emacs or an email in pine. When just appearing in a console not being used,
I could usually hit enter or ctrl-c and get rid of the message, but when
working in Pine or emacs this wasn't a workable solution. The answer I saw
on the speakup list was to do something with syslog that would stop all
console messages but somebody also emailed me and told me a key I could
press or something I could do even when in a editor to clear the messages
when they occurred. Since I was away from linux use for a while I've
forgotten those instructions. If anybody remembers posting the solution to
me before or knows what it is, would you please send it to me again?

Tia.

--

Cheryl

"Where your treasure is,