Have a minor problem with Debian/Shane CD...

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Sun Mar 30 19:10:59 EDT 2008

	Hello again,

	Had a minor difficulty while dist-upgrading to Lenny.  My ISP
took that opportunity to knock me offline for a billing error, and I
totally trashed my system.  I've had to do a full re-install from the
Shane SpeakUP CD, and couldn't find a way around the kernel deletion
bug, so I couldn't run tasksel.   Does anyone know the package name to
install to give minimal functionality to the system?  I keep getting
the error:

UDF-fs: No VRS found

...and can't find which package(s) are missing that provide console
support.  I haven't a clue what-all is missing, because there is no
similar choice  at the bottom of the updated tasksel screen.  I
usually untoggle the X11 "Desktop environment" option at the top of the
list, just to speed things up during a full re-install of Etch.  I just
don't know what the "Standard Environment" option at the bottom of the
list installed.  I hope that's enough info to explain things...

			Michael