Regarding the /proc and a 2.6.x question

Keith Hinton Keithint38 at CommSpeed.net
Sun Mar 30 13:30:38 EDT 2008

How does the 2.6.24 kernel address block devices? I hear it addresses them
very differently.
The other question, is the Speakup from Git still using /proc/speakup for
now? Or is that over with peranently?
I understand things are being moved out of /proc.
The other question regarding Speakup is does Speakup still use synth_name?
or synth.name? I want to find some oneline documentation about Speakup 3,
what's new/different, etc. Regards, --Keith.
BTW...the patch for 2.6.24 worked without errors Kirk. No huncks failed.
Regards, --Keith