slackware 12.0

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Tue Mar 25 09:31:01 EDT 2008

Yeah, there's a bug in the installer that fails to eject the cd after
packages are copied from disk 2.  I found though that when you get the
error that it can't copy the kernel, if you swap cds right then (you
may have to umount the cd and remount it after the swap), then press
enter, it copies everything just fine.  THis took me a while to get
past when I first installed slackware 12...
On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at
09:50:06AM -0500, Adam Myrow wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Mar 2008, Alex Snow wrote:
>
> > slackware 12 automatically copies the speakup.s kernel when you boot
> > with it so there's no need for any extra work.
>
> Well, when I originally installed from CD, instead of DVD, it tried to
> copy the kernel while disk 2 was in the drive, without prompting me to
> insert disk 1.  So, I ended up having to manually copy it later.  I
> reported this as a bug at the time, and had almost forgotten about it
> until now.  The reason I had used the CD was that my DVD drive had failed.
> It's since been replaced, and I can now use the DVD, so avoid this bug if
> it doesn't get fixed for the next release.

'Mounting' is used for three things: climbing on a horse, linking in a
hard disk unit in data systems, and, well, mounting during sex.
	-- Christa Keil