slackware 12.0

Adam Myrow myrowa at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 22 20:12:44 EDT 2008

I use growisofs to burn a DVD image to the media.  From the man page,
"growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=image.iso."  You would change
"image.iso" to the name of the iso you want to write to DVD.  In my
case, I also had to add "-speed=1" for some reason to get good burns.
You have to have mkisofs, and its associated programs installed, since
growisofs uses it.  There is also a CD burning tool in Gnome, but I've
never tried it.