Slackware and IBMTTS: Progress, sort of

Christopher Moore christopher.h.moore at verizon.net
Sun Mar 16 21:51:47 EDT 2008

I'm running ubuntu, and the following appears at the bottom of the
losetup man page

The  losetup command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is avail-
able from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/.
I also saw something about debian hashing the password.  Maybe you could
try hashing it before running the voxin-installer script and passing the
hashed version.
You may also need to hack the script because it seems to look for
packages on your system using 'dpkg -l' which you don't have.
If you could get that lang file mounted, you should be in business.

Does slackware have a hash command?

Maybe you could get one of us to send you a tarball of the
/opt/IBM/ibmtts tree.  You'll also need the old stdc++ library and
perhaps the module to access ibmtts from speech-dispatcher.

Chris