intro and questions

Alonzo mariachiac at aim.com
Sun Jul 27 19:14:45 EDT 2008

Hello Tylor,

I am able to hear sound in fc9 and orca. I have an hp a1022n desktop. So
the sound card is built in. I have an external sound card, but that's
not currently installed in my computer. The main thing here is I'm
trying to get speakup working with ttsynth and be able to listen to
music when reading documents with Orca. I enjoy listening to music while
reading materials for school. Currently this can't be accomplished since
I lose speech when trying to play audio at the same time. I either lose
speech, or have to kill speech befor hearing an mp3 file using totem
movie player. Alternatively if this is available in speakup by default
with ttsynth, then that will do.
I believe alsa is install or else I would not be able to hear orca or
music with out speech.

Thanks,
Alonzo