Corrupted filesystem: what are my pptions?

Garrett Klein garrettklein at comcast.net
Sat Jul 26 22:30:27 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I'm running Gentoo with /home on a 5-disk raid5 array. Yesterday, I
started getting weird I/O errors, so I booted into a liveCD I had lying
around. Unfortunately, jfs_fsck terminates with no real error sometimes,
and segfaults at others. The raid array appears to be clean, and
jfs_fsck indicates the superblock and journal are valid.

What else can I do besides reformat and start over? I really don't want
to have to download 800 gb of stuff again.

Garrett
--
Garrett Klein
Visit me and my girlfriend's blog at http://garrettk17.dyndns.org