DecTalk-and-A-Newer Speakup

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sat Jul 26 13:31:16 EDT 2008

OK, last weekend we upgraded from FC6 to FC9.  So far with a USB DecTalk, 1
item is better.  I am not seeing those rtc interrupts at 1024HZ.  However,
other items are still happening.  When the machine boots, even though in a
configuration, my rate is set at 7 and pitch 141, the rate seems to be at 10
and pitch is 81.
While useing scrolling, the pitch-and-rate still are substancially knocked
down.  1 interesting thing happened this morning which I thought would lead us
to why.  I was running bittorrent-console  I was saving a file called Wastaid
While this client was still scrolling, I was trying to read characters of the
file name.  Each time it would go from the capitol W to a regular a  the pitch
would drop considerably--and it would say "dv ap 1 hundred and sixty-nine"  I
think dv is a DecTalk command.  So now, to experiment, I closed bittorren--and
review the screen, I cannot duplicate.  I even tried typing on a line all
regular--and-capitolized letters to see if anything strange happened, no, but
from this behavior--and other times when I type capitol letters, I notice odd
things
Thanks for listening
Hart