Debian ist kaput, revisited...

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Jul 21 06:35:40 EDT 2008

Tony Baechler, le Mon 21 Jul 2008 03:28:27 -0700, a écrit :
> I haven't tried doing anything with git as I really don't feel like
> compiling a new kernel package set again and it takes several hours.

You don't really need to recompile a new kernel if you are fine with
speakup being compiled as modules.

> I haven't figured how to pull from git and just compile modules

sudo module-assistant prepare
git clone http://www.linux-speakup.org/speakup.git
cd speakup/src
make
sudo make modules_install

voilà.

> but I think module-assistant would do that if I could get it not to
> automatically download the "latest" Speakup Debian source, which is
> 3.0.2-20080517.
> Also, I want a stable set of Speakup modules and it looks like the
> past few weeks are not stable yet.

It should be now (or at least as much as 20080517).  I actually intend
to push a new snapshot to debian.  But without people testing the git
tree, we can not be so sure that it's stable enough...

Samuel