Debian ist kaput, revisited...

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Jul 21 12:36:13 EDT 2008

Samuel Thibault wrote:
>> I haven't figured how to pull from git and just compile modules
>>

> sudo module-assistant prepare
> git clone http://www.linux-speakup.org/speakup.git
> cd speakup/src
> make
> sudo make modules_install
>
> voilà.

Hi,

Thank you!  That's exactly what I was looking for.  I got
module-assistant to compile but I couldn't get it to use local sources
instead of downloading them.  Yes, you have a good point in that new
changes need to be tested, but again I didn't want to wait for hours to
generate a new set of kernel packages.  For now, I'm fine with Speakup
compiled as modules until I know it's stable and doesn't have crashes or
unusual problems.