SpeakupModified Fedora 8 Audio

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Feb 18 11:06:22 EST 2008

You need either to disable pulse audio in /etc or remove it and it's
alsa plugin. This is mentioned on the Speakup Modified home page.

Pulse audio doesn't launch, as Fedora configures it, until a gui user
logs in. This is ridiculous, and we need to:

1.)	File a few bugs against Fedora on this. After all, this clashes
with gdm a11y.

2.)	Expand the use cases on the pulse audio home page.

Pulse audio could become a very useful meta audio environment for us.
But, the vision of those who have so far been involved is, ahem, rather
poor?

Janina