New to Linux

Lorenzo Taylor daxlinux at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 16:40:36 EST 2008

This one is pretty easy. <smile>

To get Ubuntu talking, just wait until about 5 seconds after the CD
starts spinning and press f5 followed by 3 and enter twice. This will
give you complete access to a speaking Ubuntu Linux system complete with
software speech via eSpeak.

As for Oralux, it is now a dead project according to its developers.
Ubuntu is the most accessible live CD with the exception of grml if you
like the command line interface. Grml is the most accessible live CD for
that whereas Ubuntu is the most accessible live CD for the GNOME
desktop.

HTH,
Lorenzo
There is no character, howsoever good and fine, but it can be destroyed
by ridicule, howsoever poor and witless. Observe the ass, for instance:
his character is about perfect, he is the choicest spirit among all the
humbler animals, yet see what ridicule has brought him to. Instead of
feeling complimented when we are called an ass, we are left in doubt. --
Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"