New to Linux

Kelly Sapergia ksapergia at sasktel.net
Fri Feb 1 16:35:01 EST 2008

Hi,
    After hearing about Linux from my brother (I think he was using
Ubuntu), I thought I'd give it a try on my laptop. For the moment,
I'm interested in just using a live CD so I can go back to using
Windows XP later.
    I've downloaded both Ubuntu and Oralux, and am just wondering if
anyone can give me any hints on getting started using these systems?
In particular, I'm wondering if there's a way to get a live CD to
come up talking when the system loads? Also, do these variants of
Linux support software speech? I ask because I don't have a hardware synth.
    Thanks for your help.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Personal Website: http://www.ksapergia.net
Need to relax and unwind? Listen to "Northern Lights", Thursdays from
01:00 to 03:00 GMT (Wednesdays in North America) on ACB (American
Council of the Blind) Radio Interactive at http://interactive.acbradio.org
Visit the show's website at http://nl.ksapergia.net
If you need jingles, voiceovers and music for your project at an
affordable price, visit KJS Productions at: http://www.kjsproductions.com