system with speakup software already installed?

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Sat Dec 20 21:19:37 EST 2008

Hi, Will I also need to recompile alsa modules or can I just use the ones
from the earlier kernel with the newer kernel if I configure the kernel to
allow it to use older modules?  I am trying to make my kernel upgrades on my
own schedual and not when debian upgrades the kernels as I like to just
build my own kernels and install as I please.  Is it still possible from the
git sources to compile the dectalk express driver into the kernel if I
should want to do this?