system with speakup software already installed?

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Sat Dec 20 20:38:47 EST 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 06:51:09PM -0600, Nick Gawronski wrote:
> Hi, I am using debian unstable and was wondering what packages I will
> need to download in order to be able to fetch the latest git speakup

sudo apt-get install git-core

As a start.

Note, you could grab the kernel from experimental, if they are up to
2.6.27:
Edit sources.list appropriately, and then run
sudo apt-get update
Next apt-get source the right kernel and then modify your sources.list
to use the lenny servers again, or whatever version you are running...
This way you'll get debian patches, of course, kernel.org will be
fine...
That might just be a little quicker, I dunno, but it sounds like you
have a good idea on what your doing.

> run a local git server what package would I also need to download for
> this?

Dunno, sorry...

Hope that helps a bit

Daniel