debian speakup emacs upgrade

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Tue Apr 29 03:44:49 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 01:22:18AM -0500, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> I had used the shane etch kernel and iso to install what debian I have
> here.  On the etch level, it's possible to install emacs and add-ons to
> emacs with no problems.  However upgrading to lenny installs new emacs
> packages and these fail to install inside of emacs with several dpkg
> complaints

	I would respond to this and say that Lenny is doing some strange
things for the upgrade process, stating in the debian-security mailing
list that there some packages that require being removed before dpkg can
handle the change-over, but my mail keeps getting bounced with no
explanation.  You prolly won't even see this, and I have no tollerance for
censorship.

			Michael