Speakup Web Site

Garrett Klein garrettklein at comcast.net
Tue Apr 15 14:39:30 EDT 2008

What I think would be nice is some page with the latest status of
speakup in distributions (e.g. Slackware, Ubuntu, Fedora, Gentoo) and
possibly user-contributed instructions as to what is required to get it
working (like on Gentoo, which is kind of fun since it does everything
from source).

I think one of the big problems right now is that people want their
distro to "just work" (tm), but don't know what they can just download
and burn to get a talking console. I mean, Ubuntu is all the rage lately
and that's great, but it's not too cool if you want speakup.

Okay, I'm done ranting.

Garrett