ot: the best online computer parts store?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Sep 15 11:07:15 EDT 2007

Littlefield, Tyler writes:
> I know what you're saying... I think it's still worth overclocking though,
> if you're willing to test. 200 mhz extra would be nice. :)

I mentioned a quad core at Newegg for $275. The same chip, with 2.6 G
performance sells at Newegg for $534. In other words, the manufacturer
tests and rates the CPU, and the price reflects the testing. Are you
suggesting your tests are more hontest? Surely not--but then what? Is
that 2.4 G CPU for $275 somehow actually capable of 2.6 G, but they
decided to let it slide through at the lower price? What are you saying?

CPUs are simply built. Then they're tested. The ones that perform at the
higher speeds, get the higher price. In this instance, we're talking
double the price for 8% more speed. Makes me think of asking if you want
to buy a bridge.

Janina

aren't honest?