speakup and touchpad questions

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Thu Sep 6 20:48:16 EDT 2007

On the Dell latitude c-800 laptop I have there's a touchpad on the
keyboard.  When I took the machine over to smartco I asked a technician to
tell me if the touchpad was working and he told me it is working because
when I put my finger on it and move my finger around on the touchpad, a
cursor moves matching my finger motions.  What we also noticed though was
speakup did not track that cursor and speak as text was traversed. Would
it even be useful to enable speakup with touchpads?