speakup doesn't patch into 2.6.22.6

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Sep 6 11:48:04 EDT 2007

Yes, that is my plan.  I got a large part of the way through a manual
install on a laptop, fdisk, mkfs.ext3, debootstrap, apt-get kernel, and then
I couldn't get grub to work.  The error was something about hdc not having a
bios something or other.  Huh?  Who cares about hdc, that's the CD drive.

I intend to write an installation script.  I'm thinking that it would use a
text  config file. You edit this config file, then run the script. It would
be easy enough to tie that into a curses interface eventually.

Besides grub, there are a lot of other things that didn't work. I added
wireless-tools but it didn't see my wireless card.  I booted my desktop at
work and got no speech.

Still, I think it's a good first effort.