speakup doesn't patch into 2.6.22.6

Georgina Joyce gena-j at bulldoghome.com
Thu Sep 6 08:22:14 EDT 2007

Hi

Is John's disk an lfs disk?  As you know, Kirk, I've completed my lfs livecd and it works very well.  However, the lfs livecd development team have pointed out that setting up every sound card on boot is very difficult.  They wrote:

No. This would also fail on my "Intel HD Audio" onboard sound chip.
There is no "Master", "PCM" is a software-olny volume control that
doesn't even exist until at least one application attempts to play
sound, and the thing you really need to unmute ("Front") is not
accessible via aumix.

So John, I wondered how you dealt with the sound card settings?

Kirk, I don't understand your question about lfs?  The lfs livecd enables the fixing of systems.  It can contain the sources of every package that built that disk as well as the lfs book with step by step instructions on how to build your own lfs system.  Linux From Scratch is exactly what it says on the tin, from scratch. Lfs by default does not use a package manager.

Kirk I guess you have lost my address as I haven't received a reply to my request concerning my lfs livecd.

Gena-j at bulldoghome.com

Thanks
Gena

Amateur Call: M 0 E B P