Laptop recommendations

Glenn Ervin GlennErvin at cableone.net
Tue Nov 27 19:56:54 EST 2007

You could buy an "Asus EEE".
It comes with Xandrose Linux on it.
It has no serial ports, but it has about everything else.
I have one and I really like it.
It has a 7 inch screen, and 3 USB ports, video out, SD card slot, and
built-in web cam & microphone, and headphone & mic jack.
It has no hard drive, so it boots right up with its internal 4 GB of memory.
I also got Orca to speak on it with Ubuntu.
It is smaller than a BrailleNote by about 2 inches by 1 inch, and it is
thinner.
It has built-in WIFI, or you can plug in an Ethernet cable.
All for 400 dollars.
You can get them at
http://www.buy.com/ or
http://www.directron.com/
I forgot what you were exactly looking for in a laptop, so forgive me if I
missed the original point.
Glenn