Laptop recommendations

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Tue Nov 27 11:23:06 EST 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 08:47:02AM -0500, Alex Snow wrote:
> Something to watch with dells is the different wireless cards...the
> card that uses an intel chipset (3945 I believe) appears to work
> pretty well, and is called 'dell wireless 1390 I think.  Therer's also
> a "dell 1490" card, which uses a bcm4310 chipset, which isn't even
> listed in the table of supported hardware on the linux bcm43xx driver
> page and doesn't work with the driver at least not the one in kernels
> up to 2.6.21 series.

	Thank you.  Unless the Dell Latitude I've ordered (with FreeDOS)
has two network cards, I'm hoping not to have to bother with wireless
networking.  I ordered the one with an RJ45 jack, so I'm hoping not to
have to.  I only plan on using it as a backup system, and for telnet
installations and diagnostics.  I'm also trying to build a Core-2-Quad
system with, hopefully, fileserver components.

				Michael